Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving...

Yesterday was a time to be thankful and as my son asked everyone around the table what we were thankful for I was reminded of a church song that happens to be a fave of mine. The words from the song resonate within my soul of things that I am thankful for too.

"For the beauty of the earth, for the glory of the skies, for the love which from our birth over and around us lies; Lord of all, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise

For the beauty of each hour of the day and of the night, hill and vale, and tree and flower, sun and moon, and stars of light; Lord of all, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise

For the joy of ear and eye, for the heart and mind's delight, for the mystic harmony, linking sense to sound and sight; Lord of all, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise

For the joy of human love, brother, sister, parent, child, friends on earth and friends above, for all gentle thoughts and mild; Lord of all, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise

For thy church, that evermore lifteth holy hands above, offering up on every shore her pure sacrifice of love; Lord of all, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise

For thyself, best Gift Divine, to the world so freely given, for that great, great love of thine, peace on earth, and joy in heaven: Lord of all, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise..."

I am very thankful for my children and the part they play in my life...they are my joy! I love them all so very much! I am thankful for my mother, sisters and brother. I am so very thankful for my friends that I do have and for the happiness that friendship brings to my life. Most of all I am grateful for a kind, patient, understanding and loving Heavenly Father.

I hope that we will remember to give thanks to God above for all our blessings great and small that we have been given every day!

No comments: