Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wisdom teeth...will I still be wise without them?

I had an appt. this morning to get two wisdom teeth out but to my surprise and horror they told me that after looking at my x-rays they determined that I needed all FOUR wisdom teeth out! OUCH! The top two came out without a hitch, they just popped right out but the bottom two made me want to cry with pain! Actually I had been given some pain killers before they started AND they numbed me up real good with novacaine but I could hear the cracking of my teeth, the grinding of the drill, feel the pressure on my jaw from the pulling, tugging, drilling, etc. to get those darn teeth out. They had grown in sideways and just did not want to come out very easily. Needless to say I am still doped up on some great pain medication, but I look like a little chipmunk and it hurts to open my mouth. Fortunately I have lost my appetite but have managed to drink some fruit smoothies, water and diet soda.
On the up side of all this I took today and tomorrow off from work and enjoyed the sun today while lounging in the back yard for a couple of hours and have plans to do the same tomorrow...gotta work on that California tan ya know? ;-)

No comments: