Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July!

For some strange reason every time I see Fireworks I feel like I really LOVE this land we live in...America! More importantly this year I am very grateful for those who are fighting for us at this time and for those who have died while fighting for the United States of America. Personally I do not condone war and think that we could have solved what happened on September 11th differently....but seeing that we have so many military units in Iraq and Afghanistan now...and my son about to be one of them...I am thankful and mindful of the soldiers fighting for us...it is because of all the soldiers who have fought the fight that we are able to enjoy sitting at the beach watching the beautiful and spectacular fireworks show. Of course, I would rather have all the soldiers home with thier families, instead of being at war or instead of seeing a fireworks show!!!

My Marine son, Seabury, flew from Ft. Knox KY to San Diego for about three days to spend time with us. We all enjoyed being with him so very much! He has gone from boy to man since he joined the Marines and I am thankful for this change. I am proud of him and the choices he is making now. He is a good person and I value his opinions and words of wisdom. Conrad, Daniel and Susanna admire him and had a good time playing around with thier big bro. I wished I could have had more time with him but I got to take him on a little 'date' and we had a great time. I love him!!!

1 comment:

Carlson Family said...

i wish i could've played with you all. i miss seabury. :( and you all!