Monday, July 28, 2008

Reflections...

So many times I feel that I have to be perfect according to parents and church expectations...but I fall short every time, however, I don't necessarily think that is a wrong thing because usually I learn alot from every fall I make. I just wish that people could really, really see ME and that I wouldn't feel like I have to hide the real me; especially at church and in front of my parents. I feel like I am a good, beautiful person on the inside as well as on the outside regardless of how spiritual or religious I am or lack thereof I may be.

I do believe in God and feel his love in my life. I do believe in what I was taught and how I was brought up within my family. But I also firmly believe in Christs teachings and example of how he loved others unconditionally. Sadly... too often I see or feel that many just don't understand that concept of loving unconditionally as Christ did and continues to do...otherwise we'd be opening our arms to those who may appear different or have different opinions and love them for who they really are; whether they be black, white, spanish, asian, etc., gay, lesbian, both, single, divorced, sinner, tattooed, handicapped, drunk, drug addict, or whatever!

This song expresses how I feel today...

1 comment:

Carlson Family said...

Amen to that. I see you as a beautiful woman!