Thursday, September 11, 2008
Life...
Yesterday was a rough patch in my life... My father found out he had cancer about 6 weeks or more ago and within those six weeks he has progressively gotten weaker and weaker. It has been hard to see him go from being so actively involved with yard work, church, traveling, skiing, etc. to today. He has to use a walker now and I can see he is in pain when he gets up (with our help) and walks. I want to take away his pain and wish I could do so! My mother and sister (visiting from MI) went grocery shopping so I was here to take care of my father should he need it. He did. I had to help him go to the bathroom. I love my father so much and it just hit me that he might not make it. I want him to and feel like he will be a survivor...but felt differently yesterday. It saddened me and I cried. He has always been the strong one in our family so it is hard to see him so weak. I guess though that even though he is physically weak he is still morally and spiritually strong. He is my hero!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
oh my gosh- this brought tears to my eyes. You wrote this on his birthday didn't you? I love you mom- you have the best dad in the world.
Post a Comment