Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Father's Funeral...

My father, Daniel Edward Stone Sr. had his funeral on the 18th of September. There were more than 200 people that attended that day. It was a time of sadness yet also a time of renewed family kindlings and friendships, as most all of my Aunts, Uncles and cousins were there, and family friends. The funeral was supposed to go smoothly but my father was late to his own funeral! The hearst arrived about 45 minutes late due to traffic and getting lost along the way. After they arrived everything DID go smoothly and the service was beautiful and I could feel my father's presence near. My brother-in-law sang "Danny Boy" and that song touched me so much. My father loved that song! Another touching moment was when all the grandchildren sang, "I am a Child of God." When the service was over we all drove out to Greenwood Mortuary in San Diego and had a special blessing service at the Moseleum site where my father was placed. My daughter Lydia took pictures which I have posted below.

This is outside of the Moseleum where my father rests in peace.




The older grandsons were the Pallbearers.

My father served for 6 years in the Navy during the Korean War so the Navymen were there to honor him. Taps was playedThey folded up the flag and then presented it to my mother.


My brother, mother and I look adoringly at the flag. My mother has been an angel throughout the whole time while being with my father during his last moments on earth. She is a strong woman!

It was a lonely feeling leaving my father...I still find it hard to believe that he is in heaven and not here with us. I miss you dad!

No comments: