Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life...

I can't believe how time flies..it seems like just yesterday that all my children were young and I was at home with them playing, singing, watching TV, going to the Lake, helping with homework, baking cookies, cleaning, doing laundry, and wondering what my life would be like when my kids were older.

Now I know...I love all my children and have loved watching them grow and mature and have families of thier own. I am thankful to be a mother of such fine and wonderful children. They are my angels!

I was excited for Susanna, Conrad and Daniel to come to CALI for Mother's Day. We had a marvelous time together. I took them to my work at Castle Creek Inn and showed them around the resort, introduced them to my boss Ellie Walton, and we went on a hike up in the hills around the resort. Then we went shopping with my mother and had a nice BBQ later in the evening. Sunday, Mother's Day we went to church and listened to beautiful talks about Mother's and we were given roses to take home and had pastries, fruit and other delicious treats. For dinner my mother made a Pot Roast, with potatoes, carrots and Strawberry Shortcake for dessert. That was my favorite meal growing up as a child that we would eat on Sundays. She would slow cook it in a pressure cooker back then..this time she used a Crockpot. It was still succulent and very yummy just like I remember.

No comments: